The Sermon on the Mount is Jesus's longest sermon ever recorded. To religious and non-religious alike, some of its words are instantly recognizable: "Whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them..." "Love your enemies," "do not be anxious about your life."
With so many subjects that Jesus covers in the sermon, it can be challenging to make sense of it all. Considering the lofty ideals in the Sermon on the Mount, was Jesus showing us just how much we fall short of meeting them? Was He painting the picture of some kind of utopian society? Or something else?
Join us as each week as we take apart a piece of this famous sermon and discover its value and purpose for both the church and our individual lives.
- February 12 – Matthew 5:1-5 – Beatitudes pt. 1 / The Kingdom of God
- February 19 – Matthew 5:6-16 – Beatitudes pt. 2 / Salt & Light
- February 26 – Matthew 5:17-20 – The Law
- March 12 – Matthew 5:21-32 – Anger / Divorce
- March 19 – Matthew 5:33-48 – Oaths / Love your Enemies
- March 26 – Matthew 6:5-15 – The Lord's Prayer
- April 2 – Matthew 6:16-24 – Fasting / Treasures in Heaven
- April 9 – Matthew 7:1-6 – Judging
- April 23 – Matthew 7:13-27 – Choices
The course will be held at the Stony Run Office Space located at 600 Wyndhurst Avenue, Suite 103. Childcare is available but must be requested upon registration.