Often there are a lot of footnotes, quotes, links, and illustrations that go into worship and a message on Sunday mornings. Some of those items make it, others don't. The cutting room floor includes a little bit of everything. Here is a sampling from this past's week's message entitled: "Unending Mercy" from Psalm 123. You can download the sermon here: City Church iTunes Podcast.
Summary: God sends His mercy to free us from oppression.
Baltimore Fishbowl wrote an article on oppressive conditions in specific Baltimore neighborhood: FISHBOWL.
Here is the full lyric to Jesus! What a Friend for Sinners!
1. Jesus! what a Friend for sinners! Jesus, lover of my soul; friends may fail me, foes assail me, he, my Savior, makes me whole.
2. Jesus! what a strength in weakness! Let me hid myself in him; tempted, tried, and sometimes failing, he, my strength, my vict'ry wins.
3. Jesus! what a help in sorrow! While the billows o'er me roll, even when my heart is breaking, he, my comfort, helps my soul.
4. Jesus! what a guide and keeper! While the tempest still is high, storms about me, night o'er takes me, he my pilot, hears my cry.
5. Jesus! I do now receive him, more than all in him I find; he hath granted me forgiveness, I am his, and he is mine.
Hallelujah! what a Savior! Hallelujah! what a Friend! Saving, helping, keeping, loving, he is with me to the end.